As COVID-19 swept across the globe in 2020, our way of life changed dramatically. To ensure the safety of patients in our clinic as well as medical facilities everywhere, new techniques and technologies have become a necessary part of providing care. We have added new services designed to limit physical contact and strict safety protocols to reduce the risks of spreading infection to our Southwest Utah and Southern Nevada patients while we continue to provide the high-quality hearing care you need.
Take Advantage of Tele-Audiology
One of our new services, Tele Audiology, is among the best ways to avoid spreading the infection by avoiding physical contact altogether. It provides a viable solution for patients who are in self-isolation or have other scheduling and travel challenges that make a physical face-to-face appointment unworkable. Tele Audiology allows you to use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to connect to your audiologist for a face-to-face consultation by using video conferencing to receive the same high-level hearing care as an in-office consultation.
We Offer Curbside Appointments
Our curbside appointments are a second way we help to reduce exposure for our patients. Although you can’t expect to get burgers and fries from our curbside service, it is essentially the same as other drive-through style experiences, but we provide you with hearing care services such as:
- Hearing aid clean and check
- Smartphone pairing
- Hearing aid fitting
- Hearing aid adjustment
- Hearing assessments
Call us when you arrive, wait comfortably in your vehicle, and we will send a member of our team out to serve you as soon as possible, following our strict safety protocols.
We Have Strict In-Office Safety Protocols in Place
While our added services help to limit the need for in-office appointments, there are times when coming into our clinic for certain services are unavoidable. When you need to come in, rest assured that we follow strict in-office protocols to help ensure your safety, including:
- Pre-appointment Screening. We monitor the health of our team to protect our patients and we ask the same courtesy from you. Please call us and reschedule your appointment if you are running a fever or showing symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Heightened Sanitation. Our team has set aside additional time to thoroughly clean all surfaces, such as door handles, chairs, and equipment, with Cavicide to ensure a sterile environment for every patient.
- Hand Sanitizer at Our Entrance. You will expect to find hand sanitizer as you walk through the door. We won’t hold you down and apply it, but we expect everyone in our office to use it.
- We Use Disposable Gloves and Surgical Masks. The members of our team use disposable gloves and surgical masks, which we change before we see each patient. This is another of the sanitation procedures in place for your peace of mind.
- Minimizing Companions for Appointments. Sometimes it is necessary to bring a companion to your appointment. When a companion is recommended or a necessity, please bring only one person along to your appointment.
Your Safety Is a Priority for Hearing and Balance Doctors
COVID-19 has changed our way of life, but we have adapted to the changes as Hearing and Balance Doctors makes your safety a priority. Use our Tele Audiology or curbside services to avoid in-office contact whenever possible, but when a visit to our clinic is unavoidable, we will follow strict safety protocols to ensure your peace of mind. Contact us to learn more about our in-office appointment protocols or the additional services we provide to our Nevada and Utah patients.